Applications are open again for our newest program: Our Edinburgh, 2019-2020 (Edinburgh City Film Education Programme). This exciting opportunity is available to all primary, secondary and special schools (Primary 3 to S6) run by City of Edinburgh Council.
The programme is delivered by Screen Education Edinburgh in partnership with the City of Edinburgh Council Creative Learning Team, Into Film, and the Centre for the Moving Image. It offers schools and pupils a chance to creatively portray their city through their eyes, using the medium of film.
No film education experience is necessary and the programme is open to all subjects/disciplines.
The offer includes:
- A bespoke, integrated project that fits around the theme of social justice
- A film education tutor who will support staff and pupils to collectively produce a film
- Training in effective camera operation and sound recording on iPads
- Support for teaching staff to lead on the course, with lesson plans and curriculum linked worksheets to encourage confidence in delivery
- Advanced, bespoke CLPL offered free of charge to all Our Edinburgh teachers plus special offers from our partners
- A celebratory screening of your school’s film at the Filmhouse (your film will also be eligible for entry in to the Edinburgh and Lothians Schools Film Competition in either 2019 or 2020, depending on when you apply with us)
Full details can be found in the Programme application forms below. Deadline Friday 7th February 2020.
For further information please contact email@example.com