Screen Education Edinburgh is currently recruiting new trustees to our board, specifically trustees who can take on the roles of secretary and treasurer.
We are a charity dedicated to transforming lives through the medium of film, developing young people, new talent and independent filmmakers. Our programmes operate across Edinburgh and South East Scotland, with a special focus on the most disadvantaged communities, teaching filmmaking and digital media skills and fostering confidence, self-esteem and a strong team ethic.
Main responsibilities for the Secretary:
– make meeting arrangements
– prepare agendas with the chair
– circulate all papers in good time for the meetings
– receive agenda items from other committee members
– check that a quorum is present
– minute the meetings
– circulate the draft minutes to all committee members
– circulate the agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting and any special or extraordinary general meetings.
Main responsibilities for the Treasurer:
-liaising with SEE management in preparing and presenting financial reports to the committee on a monthly basis
– keeping the committee/board aware of its financial responsibilities
– ensuring that the organisation’s accounts are prepared in a suitable format
-ensuring that the accounts and financial systems are audited/examined as required by law
– liaising with the independent examiners/auditors.
If you are interested in either of these roles, please get in touch with Dave Harrold, Chair at ScreenEdEdin@virginmedia.com
Including a cover letter and CV.
For further information, please contact ScreenEdEdin@virginmedia.com (Dave Harrold),
The deadline is Wednesday 31 January 2018 at 00:00.