NOW RECRUITING – YOUTH JURY for EDINBURGH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2017
Screen Education Edinburgh are recruiting school pupils aged 12+ to be part of our Youth Jury for the Edinburgh International Film Festival: Schools Competition.
Primary & Secondary Schools across Edinburgh are submitting their films for the competition that will be held at the Filmhouse on 27th & 28th June.
What is the Youth Jury?
– Every year, Edinburgh International Film Festival has a Film competition for schools, pupils in Primary and Secondary schools make films and submit them to the competition.
– The Youth Jury is made up of 12 people who will watch all the films entered in to the competition.
– The Youth Jury will select the films they think are the best, and these will be shown at the Filmhouse.
– The Youth Jury also picks the best films to win prizes in different categories, including Best Film, Best Story, Best Animation and Best Acting.
– Some members of the Youth Jury will present the awards at the Filmhouse on 27th & 28th June.
What’s in it for me?
Being a member of the Youth Jury means;
– An opportunity to be a key part of the Edinburgh International Film Festival
– A Delegate’s pass for the Film Festival, giving you access to screenings, networking events and workshops at EIFF.
– Chance to meet other people who are interested in Film
– The chance to get involved in other upcoming projects at Screen Education Edinburgh.
– All travel expenses will be covered and we provide drinks and snacks
– Looks great on your CV / college application
What we want from you…
Being on the Jury is great but it’s also a big commitment
– You will have to attend 3 training sessions at the Filmhouse
– You will have to attend several sessions at Screen Education Edinburgh to watch the films.
– You will watch all the submissions (at least twice!) and take the time to discuss all the entries with the Jury.
– You will have to be prepared for the occasional disagreement between Jurors.
– You will have to explain all your decisions and pick the winning films in a number of categories.
How do I find out more?
We are holding an Info session on Friday 3rd March, 2pm – 3pm at the Guild Rooms, in the Filmhouse on Lothian Road. Come along and see us!
We will give you more info and meet some of last year’s Jurors to find out what it was like.
You can sign up on the day to join the Jury.
The small print…
You must be a pupil at a school in Edinburgh
In order to make the Jury fair and impartial, we can only have a maximum of 2 pupils from any 1 school on the Jury.
For more info, contact email@example.com